Hadith: I have been granted five things that none of the prophets before me was granted: I have been made victorious with the awe from a one month distance; the earth has been made a place of worship for me and a means of purification
عن جابر بن عبد الله -رضي الله عنهما- أنّ النبيَّ -صلى الله عليه وسلم- قال: «أُعْطِيتُ خمسا, لم يُعْطَهُنَّ أحد من الأنبياء قبلي: نُصِرْتُ بالرعب مسيرة شهر, وجُعِلَت لي الأرض مسجدا وطَهُورا, فأَيَّمَا رجل من أمتي أدركته الصلاة فَلْيُصَلِّ, وأُحِلَّت لي المغانم, ولم تحلَّ لأحد قبلي, وأُعْطِيتُ الشفاعة، وكان النبي يُبْعَثُ إلى قومه خاصة, وبُعِثتُ إلى الناس عامَة». [صحيح.] - [متفق عليه.] المزيــد ...
Jābir ibn ‘Abdullāh (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him) said: "I have been granted five things that none of the prophets before me was granted: I have been made victorious with the awe from a one month distance; the earth has been made a place of worship for me and a means of purification; so, anyone of my Ummah should pray wherever he may be when the time of prayer is due; the spoils of war have been made lawful for me, whereas it was not lawful for anyone before me; I have been granted (the privilege of) intercession; and all the prophets before me were sent to their people in specific, whereas I have been sent to all mankind."
Our Prophet (may Allah's peace and blessings be upon him) was privileged with honorable attributes and favored with praiseworthy qualities, none of which was granted to any prophets before him. Owing to this blessed Prophet, his Ummah has been endowed with some of these virtues and noble traits. The Hadīth mentions five of such noble traits:
1. Allah, the Almighty, granted him victory over his enemies by the awe that was cast into their hearts, weakening them and scattering their ranks. They would become terrified of the Prophet (may Allah's peace and blessings be upon him) even when he was far from them at a one month distance. Thereby, Allah, the Almighty, supported His Prophet and granted him victory and defeated and disappointed the enemies of His religion. This was great help indeed.
2. Allah, Glorified and Exalted, granted the noble Prophet and his Ummah a wide choice by making the earth a place of worship for them. Thus, whenever prayer becomes due, they have the option to pray wherever they are without being limited to special places like those before them who had to offer their worship only in churches or synagogues. So, out of His grace, benevolence, generosity, and favor, Allah, the Almighty, lifted hardship from this Ummah.
Moreover, people, before this Ummah, could not be purified except with water. However, Muslims are permitted to use dust for purification in case they cannot find water or cannot use water for some reason.
3. The spoils of war, which are being taken from the disbelievers and fighters, have been made lawful for the Prophet (may Allah's peace and blessings be upon him) and his Ummah, to be distributed in the way prescribed by Allah, the Almighty. However, the spoils of war were unlawful for the previous prophets and their nations. They used to collect them and if Allah accepted their deeds, a fire would descend from heaven and burn the spoils.
4. Allah, Glorified and Exalted, has favored His Prophet with the praiseworthy position and the greatest intercession. On the Day of Judgment, the Messengers of firm resolve will abstain from interceding on behalf of people, whereas our Prophet (may Allah's peace and blessings be upon him) will accept it and will prostrate under the Throne and glorify Allah, the Almighty, in a way that befits Him. It will be said to him: Intercede and your intercession shall be accepted and ask and your request shall be fulfilled. Only then, he will intercede on behalf of the people, asking Allah to judge between them in that longstanding situation. That is the praiseworthy position for which all people, from the first to the last, would be jealous of Prophet Muhammad (may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him).
5. Each of the previous prophets carried the message to their own people.
However, Allah, the Almighty, made this Shariah fit for all times and places. And given this suitability and perfection, the Shariah was rendered the last divine message to the people, as it needs no addition and it suffers no deficiency. In fact, it was made perfect and comprehensive, comprising elements of permanence and continuity.
Project of Prophetic Hadith Encyclopedia and Its Translations:
An integrated project to choose the Prophetic Hadiths in the Islamic content, explain them in a simplified and adequate way, translate them in a high quality based on accurate procedures into famous languages, then publish them through all available means..
Providing a developed, authentic, free, international reference for the Prophetic hadith translations..
Providing an electronic memory of Hadith translations for translators..
Providing translations in all available means..
Variety of Translations.
Stages of Development:
Writing the encyclopedia in Arabic.
Translating the encyclopedia into languages.
Publishing the encyclopedia online.
Continuous development of the encyclopedia and its translations.